martes, 31 de octubre de 2017

Used to, Be used to and Get used to


Used to + infinitive

It is used to express an habit that used to be made in the past. It can be translated into Spanish as:

1. "Soler". For example: I used to run around the park once a week = "Solía correr alrededor del parque una vez a la semana".

2. With a past verb (that is "imperfecto" in Spanish): I used to go to the gym every day when I was in Spain = "Solía ir al gimnasio todos los días cuando estaba en España".

Some examples:

- Things used to be different = "Las cosas solían ser diferentes".
- I used to be a teacher. Now I’m retired = "Yo era profesor. Ahora estoy jubilado".



Be used to + -ing form ("estar habituado a", "estar acostumbrado a").

Some examples:

- I am used to exercising every day = "Estaba acostumbrado a hacer ejercicio todos los días".
- I was used to not make diet once a week = "Estaba habituado a no hacer la dieta un día a la semana".
- I was used to be sedentary = "Estaba acostumbrado a ser sedentario".



Get used to + -ing form ("habituarse", "acostumbrarse")

Some examples:

- I am getting used to walking up early = Me estoy habituando a andar temprano.
- I never got used to living in the countryside = Nunca me acostumbré a vivir en el campo.
- I was getting used to working as personal trainer = Me habitué a trabajar como entrenador personal.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Sports vocabulary

Sports vocabulary Aerobics  Archery Athletics Badminton Baseball Basketball Billiards Boxing Bo...